46 Comments

123
MR. DAVIS MR. DAVIS

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

I HAVE ONE OF THESE , WOULD LIKE TO FIND A HOME FOR, ROUGH CONDITION,NOT TO BAD EASY RESTRO. WONDERING WHAT THESE UNIQUE TRIKES ARE VALUED AT ?
Warner Warner

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

I have on of these as well I would like to sell.  It is in great shape.
V-RROOM!master V-RROOM!master

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

breathelifedeeply breathelifedeeply

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

this was by far my favorite toy!  I would like to buy one so that my grandchildren could have the experience!
let me know if you have one for sale.  breathelifedeeply@gmail
Bob
Carlene Carlene

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

I have one of these as well...very good condition   worth?
radkat radkat

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

Do you still have the x15?  if so, do you want to sell it? can you send pictures. Thx
radkat radkat

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

Do you have pictures? Can you e-mail me a couple? Need some for reference for restoration. Thank you
rtomassi31@netzero.net
Roland Whitney Roland Whitney

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

would love to know more please respond.
San Diego Matt San Diego Matt

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

My grandfather gave me one as a Christmas present in the late 1960s. It was by far the best vehicle I played with as a kid. Made of steel and nearly bullet-proof, the twisting ride was amazing and far passed a Big Wheel (which I had also) in the coolness factor. I feel so lucky to have owned one! Thanks, Grandpa!
kasandra meireis kasandra meireis

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

Hey do you still have this bike??? My uncle wants one and I would love to get it for him for xmas. My email is art_in_the_mind08@yahoo.com please email :-)
duane duane

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

i am looking to rebuild mine how much do u want for yours8ep6f
John Peeler John Peeler

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

I have one of these.  Wore the tires off doing donuts in the 60's.  Restored paint and tires in the 90's for my kids.  Handles better than my Porsche.  I used to fly planes, and the X-15 was more fun!
bob bob

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

Hey John, I am restoring one so my grandkids can have the fun I had in the 60's...the tailspins this thing can do are amazing!  Where or how did you restore the tires?  That is something I'm not sure how to get hold of.
Bob
brian brian

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

do you still have if so how much do you want and what state are you in  thanks
phil p phil p

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

I have one in used condition, make me an offer.
Brad Beall Brad Beall

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

I still have my '64 X15 Vrrooom trike that "Santa" got me for Christmas when I was 3 years old. It's a little rough, but definitely restorable. The only thing missing is one of the seat belt halves. Does anyone out there know where I can get a replacement seat belt? I'm going to restore it for my grandson Brody, who will be 1 year old in a few weeks. I figure by the time I get it finished, he'll be just about the right size for it.

 Also, I have a friend who owns a sign shop, and he can reproduce the metallic stickers for these bikes, as well as graphics for just about anything. If you need reproduction graphics (stickers, "clings", etc., give Delmar a call at (724) 263-3324. He's located just outside of Pittsburgh, PA, and yes, he can do mail order.

 I also have the 1966 Sears (Murray) purple "Spyder" 20 inch bicycle that was my first bicycle. I took good care of it back then, and it's still in incredibly great condition... and so is the paperwork that came with the bike. Are you jealous yet? Hee-hee!
Brad Beall Brad Beall

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

Hi Phil!

 If the X15 you hve is totally complete (with both seat belt halves with the buckles and both rear hub caps), I'll give you $100 for it. I'm not concerned with dents, rust, or the quality of the paint, or if the Vrroom mechanism still works. I do my own paint & body work, and can fix ANYTHING with moving parts. my main concern is that all of the parts are there.
rick rick

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

I used to have an X-15 when i was 4 years old, im looking to buy one that is in good condition
phil p phil p

Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

to brad  the hub caps and seat belt are gone but the vroom sounds good
Brad Beall Brad Beall

RE: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

Hi Phil!

 The "Vrrooom" mechanism on my X-15 still works too, but I was hoping to get the few parts I need to restore the bike. Oh well, perhaps I'll try to reproduce the missing seat belt & hub cap from scratch. I've been restoring cars & motorcycles for years, and have gotten pretty good at making things from scratch. I still have one of the hubcaps to use as a pattern, and one of the seat belt halves as well. As far as the seat belt buckle, I may have to just "wing it", as I can't remember what the original is supposed to look like.

 If I can " re-pop" these parts, I'll be sure to do a bunch of them for other X-15 owners.

 Have a great day!

  Brad

Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:14:51 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle

to brad  the hub caps and seat belt are gone but the vroom sounds good

To unsubscribe from 1964 Mattel X-15 V-RROOM! Tricycle, click here.
NAML
123