Vintage 1966 Mattel V-RROOM! bicycle.

7 Comments

Janice Burton Janice Burton

Re: 1966 Mattel V-RROOM! Bike

I loved my V-RROOM Bike that my father gave to me. In 1998 my father passed away and he still had the second key to my bike in case I lost mine. I didn't lose my key and now I have 2 keys. I wish I still had my V-RROOM bike!
mikeirish mikeirish

Re: 1966 Mattel V-RROOM! Bike

I also had one,  got it second hand, loved the compartment, would put my ball glove and baseballs in there to ride to practice.... would also use it for just about anything that would fit.....  mine did not have the motor on it when I got it, and had the seat changed out for a full banana seat and short sissy bar..... still had a blast with it.... tough bike...
rcolving rcolving

Re: 1966 Mattel V-RROOM! Bike

I got my vroom bike when I was 7 in 1964. I was the envy of all the boys my age in town.  I loved that bike and road it everywhere.  Sure went through a lot of batteries with that little motor going everytime I rode it!  Ahh the Memories!  Wish I could remember what happened to it!
Sandman Sandman

Re: 1966 Mattel V-RROOM! Bike

I got my first bicycle in 1964, and it was a v-room. Man I wish I had it to give to my daughter! Some scum bag came through my neighborhood while we were eating dinner, and threw my bike in the back of a pickup truck, and I never saw it again. I became a police officer when I grew up, and I'll never let any theif get by taking anything  from a kid. I hope some kid got as much fun out of it as I did!
jerry jerry

Re: 1966 Mattel V-RROOM! Bike

got my bike when I was six years old, I'm 56 now. I had so much fun on that bike. I remember my first ride. turned around and fell off the bike skinned my knee. I have so many good memories at that time. wish I could go back to that day. well I guess I did.
Lcsjr613@gmail.com Lcsjr613@gmail.com

Re: 1966 Mattel V-RROOM! Bike

I too loved my varoom bike except for the fact that it led me to years of taking things apart including my sisters brand new sears free spirit I
I ruined lots of imy dad's lawmower blades as he was chopping his tools up as
He was mowing the lawn oh life was great!
Buck Buck

Re: 1966 Mattel V-RROOM! Bike

I have one, all original, with the training wheels & tags(original paperwork). Any idea what it might be worth?