Quantcast

Mattel Bikes wanted - Let me know what you have.

Mattel Bikes wanted - Let me know what you have.

V-RROOM!master
Administrator
Mattel Bikes wanted - Let me know what you have.

Re: Mattel Bikes wanted - Let me know what you have.

zachgandy
I have a 1964 Stallion for sale.  I looks great!  Just missing the front fender.  Give me a offer

Re: Mattel Bikes wanted - Let me know what you have.

V-RROOM!master
Administrator
Send me a picture if you can and let me know what you're asking for it. You can also post a classified on the site at no charge.

http://n2.nabble.com/Mattel-Bikes---Parts-For-Sale-or-Trade-f2293492ef2291616.html

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 5:03 PM, zachgandy (via Nabble) <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a 1964 Stallion for sale.  I looks great!  Just missing the front fender.  Give me a offer

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Mattel-Bikes-wanted---Let-me-know-what-you-have.-tp2345579p2643962.html

Ray Yager - VRROOM!master
Museum of Vintage V-RROOM!
http://www.vintagevrroom.com

1964 Mattel Stallion Pics

zachgandy
I don't know much about these type of bikes but i was told not to take less then $600 for this type of bike.  What do you think?  Let me know if these pics show up also?!

Thanks
Zach

dd 099.JPG (2M) Download Attachment
dd 100.JPG (2M) Download Attachment
dd 103.JPG (2M) Download Attachment
dd 104.JPG (2M) Download Attachment
dd 106.JPG (2M) Download Attachment

Re: 1964 Mattel Stallion Pics

V-RROOM!master
Administrator
Hi Zach,

Well let me start out by saying that I am not a professional appraiser, simply a collector and fellow Stallion owner. With that said, I have done quite a bit of research and I am happy to give you my opinion that $600 would be pretty high. Your bike looks like a fairly nice bike, even better shape than mine. The missing fender would bring the value down a bit, though.

I have seen very nice Stallions priced at $500 (not sure if they sold or not) and I have seen rougher ones as low as $100. I think yours would probably fall somewhere in between that range. However, the saying goes, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you can find someone that wants one really bad, maybe someone that had one as a kid and wants to relive their childhood, they may be willing to pay $300 or so for it. E-bay is probably your best bet for a sale.

However, remember, we're in a down market for collectibles right now and there are great deals to be had because with the economy, it's a buyers market at the moment. Mattel bikes do not have near the following of the Schwinn Stingrays and Krates which can bring big bucks. The Stallion is kind of a rare bike but it's also the lower end of the Mattel line. The model that I believe is more sought after is the Bronco or V-RROOM! bikes with the fuel tanks and V-rroom! engines.

By the way, I would really appreciate you adding to the serial number project here:
http://n2.nabble.com/Mattel-Bicycle-Serial-Numbers-td2295505ef2291616.html#a2295505

... and if you could add a pin to our map, that would be great, too.
http://www.vintagevrroom.com/v-rroom-registry.html

Good luck with your bike. Please follow up with us if you sell it and let us know how it went so we can be better informed and share your story with others. Also, please be sure to tell the new owner about us. Take care!

Re: 1964 Mattel Stallion Pics

pbd76
hello. i have a mid sixties bronco without the vroom engine. bike was my mothers and she sold it as a teenager. i ran across the bike in 1989 when i was cropping tobacco for the people she sold it to. i have been thinking about selling it but i don't know what its worth any help would be great. i also have an have a lot of columbia tandem bike parts. everything but the wheels seats and chains. i would be willing to sell these bikes if the price is right.

Personally, I think you should keep it and restore it. IT WAS YOUR MOM'S BIKE!! How many people can say they have their mom's bike? Totally cool. However, if you want to sell it, E-Bay is probably your best bet. I have seen them go for several hundred on Ebay when they are complete and original. Looks like it's a great little bike except for the repaint and the incorrect wheels. You should try to find the original wheels if you can. If you decide to sell, you may post an ad for FREE in our classifieds. Good luck with it.
roy

Re: Mattel Bikes wanted - Let me know what you have.

roy
i have a mattel stallion not sure of the yr s/n is SR ST05641.no wheels just frame and fenders and kickstand handle bars and all pedals r metal

Re: Mattel Bikes wanted - Let me know what you have.

fatrider
Just posted my chrome stallion for saleon this site because I have not hand any luck finding a rear fender. Other than the missing fender the bike looks great.  Let me know if you are interested.

Re: Mattel Bikes wanted - Let me know what you have.

V-RROOM!master
Administrator
Maybe you should ask roy (the post right above yours) if he will sell you the fender he has? Or, you can post a "wanted" ad for a fender and see what response you get.

Re: Mattel Bikes wanted - Let me know what you have.

scottbeals
would you be able to let me no a round about price on what this may be worth