Mattel X-15 Tricycles

V-RROOM!master
Administrator
Here's a shot I discovered online of Mattel X-15 V-RROOM Tricycles. These still turn up for sale every now and then. If anyone knows more about these and would like to enlighten us, that would be swell.

Re: Mattel X-15 Tricycles

w.lovitt
How much is this thing worth??

Re: Mattel X-15 Tricycles

Charles Alexander
I got one on my birthday back in 1964 or 1965 when we lived in Blacksburg Virginia. I remembered the name X-15 and when I got it. It was fun to ride....

Re: Mattel X-15 Tricycles

Brad Beall
 The one pictured has been restored, and not correctly.

 The black graphics on the bottom of the frame and around the wheels was not put on by Mattel, and there was not a graphic on the left-hand side of the bike. Also, the wheels should be silver, with 1/2" red dots (stickers) on the outer edges of the wheel rims. It also looks as if the color is a bit too greenish, as the original color was a metallic blue-silver. The foam handle in the stick is also incorrect, as it should be a red plastic grip much like a vintage bicycle handlebar grip.
Rob

Re: Mattel X-15 Tricycles

Rob
Man...I remember these hot rods !!! The lever on the center of the middle "console" was to make a jet engine sound that came out of the speaker looking thing above the front wheel. I had one...and I was the only kid in the neighborhood with it. All the kids wanted to ride it...so I charged them 25 cents for a ride, lol. It was passed down to me by my uncle. What fun it was. Of course I "pimped" my X-i5 with a custom spray paint job with stick on pin striping and painted the wheels with a chrome paint...it was hot as hell !!! Good Times for sure.

Re: Mattel X-15 Tricycles

V-RROOM!master
Administrator
Thanks for sharing your memories with our members! We love to hear these stories! Quite the entrepreneur selling those rides at a quarter a pop!