Restoring/revamping old Mattel stallion?

Restoring/revamping old Mattel stallion?

andharri2
Ok, I was given my uncle's old Mattel bike about a year ago.  It was rusted over but everything was in working order.  I also have my dad's old Mattel bike.  Both appear to be Stallions, they are definately the same model.  I chose to restore one of them so I disassembled it, cleaned everything and took it to a powdercoating shop to have it painted.  I did not realize that the hinge in the frame of the bike contained a plastic bearing and upon being powdercoated it shrank.

Now I have a beautiful Mattel bike that is almost completely ready to ride except for the fact that the hinge now wobbles a lot.  Is there any way to take apart the hinge so that I can replace the bearing?  It appears to have 4 holes in a square pattern on both sides of the hinge so I'm thinking they are either for greasing purposes or for a special tool.  Does anybody have some any idea of what I should do?

Re: Restoring/revamping old Mattel stallion?

V-RROOM!master
Administrator
No idea as I have never had this part of the bike apart. If you do find a way to fix it, please post the fix in case others have this same problem. Would also love to see pics of your bikes as you move along with the restoration.