Some folks have all the luck. This bike had never been put together. If anyone knows, the whereabouts of this bike, we'd love to know more about it! A total dream come true!

5 Comments

Dice289 Dice289

Re: The Ultimate Find - NOS Mattel V-RROOM! Bike

Wow--I got one of these for Christmas one year when I was a little boy---I would love to see one again.
Mike Henson Mike Henson

Re: The Ultimate Find - NOS Mattel V-RROOM! Bike

I had one when I was a kid. I believe I got it for Christmas in 1964. I recall that it was the only thing I really wanted that year, and you can just imagine my surprise when I saw it first thing Christmas morning, sitting in our living room by the tree! About the only thing that survived of that ole bike is a photo of me on it, and the many fond memories of riding it. Good times indeed.
Jim Case Jim Case

Re: The Ultimate Find - NOS Mattel V-RROOM! Bike

We were dirt poor.  A bike was beyond our means, but my mom encouraged me to enter the Brookfield Ice Cream colouring contest and I won this bike.  That was 50 years ago, but I remember the feeling.  It's one that I rarely have anymore but when I do it's heaven all over again.  I was the envy of every kid on the street.
REGAUDIII REGAUDIII

Re: The Ultimate Find - NOS Mattel V-RROOM! Bike

Christmas, 1966 - Santa had made my dreams come true!

Truly the envy on the street... until that Raliegh Chopper came along...
David David

Re: The Ultimate Find - NOS Mattel V-RROOM! Bike

My parents got me one of these for Christmas
Sometime in the mid sixties. My Mom still has
The invoice. They paid $24.95. Ordered it out
Of the Montgomery Wards Christmas Catalogue.
That was a weeks worth of groceries for a
Family of five.